Centrifugal fans from ebm-papst are available with forward- or backward-curved blades. The low-noise fans with forward-curved blades are also supplied with a scroll housing. The fans with backward-curved blades are designed as free-wheeling fans and do not require a scroll housing. For the fans with external rotor motors, the motor is positioned in the impeller, resulting in optimum cooling of the motor as well as an especially compact design.
Centrifugal fans with backward-curved blades
ebm-papst centrifugal fans with backward-curved blades are used primarily for intake suction. Since most of the pressure build-up takes place in the impeller, there is generally no need for a scroll housing. The fans have very good hydraulic efficiency and a low noise level and are ideally suited for high pressures. The centrifugal fans are used in applications such as central air conditioning units or building ventilation systems.
Centrifugal fans with forward-curved blades
Outstanding features of ebm-papst centrifugal fans with forward-curved blades include their very low noise level and high power density. They are used wherever a large air volume has to be moved in a tight space. Depending on aerodynamic and geometric requirements, the impellers are arranged in single-inlet or dual-inlet configurations. For optimum efficiency, in addition to voltage-controlled asynchronous motors, particularly efficient GreenTech EC motors are used. Both drive types are available over the entire power range.
- Compact design with external rotor motor technology
- Complete series for every application
- 100% speed-controlled analogue or serial interface
- GreenTech EC technology for high efficiency
- Quiet operation due to optimised flow control and ingenious commutation of the EC motor
- Perfectly matched components for easy installation: controller, motor, fan
- Extensive range of accessories